harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to deal with this kind of serialization compatibility issue?
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:50:50 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> Hi George!
>

>> I need to study H-57 SerializationTester, likely it makes sense taking
>> best ideas from both
>>

> I was trying to find out how the framework works and how a test
> based on that framework looks like.
>
> I've taken the first class refering to SerializationTester, it was
> CharacterCodingExceptionTest
>
> it has two serialization related test methods:
>     testSerialization()
>     testSerializationCompatibility()
>
> They both call SerializationTester methods but I did not find that they check
> that the objects are the same. Did I miss anything?
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

LOL ! That's a brilliant catch - hopefully there are not too many test
cases like those in the rest of the zip  :-)

You could try taking a look at
tests.api.java.nio.charset.MalformedInputExceptionTest in the nio_char
tests for a better example of using the SerializationTester methods.
Even better is something like
tests.api.java.beans.PropertyChangeEventTest in the unit tests submitted
in HARMONY-88. Sorry for having to point at yet another different JIRA
attachment.

Best regards,
George