harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Gagnon <egag...@sablevm.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [jchevm] JCHEVM discussion]
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:18:57 GMT
Hi Leo,

Leo Simons wrote:
> Thanks for your clarifications! Since Geir has informed me that some
> of the conversation related to this issue is currently also proceeding
> outside of the public forum (I must say I personally find that a shame
> -- all of the open source community can learn from things like this if
> the discussion happens in public), I'll respect the desire for a little
> privacy and refrain from commenting further here, below, except to note
> that,

While it is not my objective to eliminate transparency from the
discussion, I really felt that it would be much easier to work out a
solution in private, where I don't feel the pressure of hundreds of eyes
reading each of my words, specially that the heat is on me, as the SVN
access to JCHEVM has been blocked.

It is much easier to discuss calmly with somebody that won't jump at
every sentence I miswrote, and that will try to figure out why I am
making a claim, what my claim is, and how it can all be resolved
peacefully.  Even though most people on this list are trying to do the
same, it can only feel different, as it is intimidating to be "one" to
answer to "many" people's questions.

I am sure that Geir will explain on this list, transparently, the
outcome of our amicable discussions, when we get there (very soon, I hope).

Thanks for your understanding,

Etienne