harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: jira messages redirected to commits mailing list
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 23:45:19 GMT

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> Hi Leo
>
> 2006/3/10, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com>:
>> Hi Mikhail!
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:34:46AM +0600, Mikhail Loenko wrote:
>>> Actually there are important things that are to be tracked in JIRA.
>> Err...here's that rule again:
>>
>>  Really Important Things MUST Go In SVN And/Or Onto The Public Mailing List
>
> Well, that does not mean that they must not go into JIRA, right?

The point is that artifacts of permanence for the project go into SVN,
and discussions go on the mailing list.

> Geir has created category "Non-bug differences from RI" [1] and those
> differences are to go there. <note> I'm not saying that discussions of the
> differences are to go there </note>

I did that as a way of being able to catalog and track the differences.
  We could put them in SVN too.  I don't care - I just think we'd be
well served by tracking them in one place in case a question arises...

geir