harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: [jchevm] generic Harmony_Class_Lib/GNU_Classpath adapter is on JIRA Harmony-192
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:05:41 GMT
Weldon Washburn wrote:
> Please take a look at bootstrap.c  It would be great if we can do the
> final integration in the next 2 days while this code is still fresh in
> my mind.

Looks reasonable, you just commented out or changed the classes
and methods that would not load yet.

What's the plan for dealing with the Pointer class? Here are some
possibilities that preserve Classpath compatibility:

1. Implement gnu.classpath.Pointer{32,64} in classlib
2. Have jchevm autodetect whether gnu.classpath.Pointer or
    java.lang.Pointer is to be used.

Either solution is OK with me, but I'd much prefer #1 because it's
cleaner code and I'd rather not start adding hacks at this point that
move us away from the current common API.

Eventually I'd like jchevm to have a command line flag that allows
you to easily switch between Classpath and classlib at startup, for
quick side-by-side behavior comparisions. This will greatlyl increase
our ability to debug the classlib/jchevm interface.

-Archie