harmony-dev mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Which applications run using Harmony classes?
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 13:51:25 GMT
Hi Nathan

Nathan Beyer wrote:
> Have you tried putting Xerces, Xalan and the xml-commons JARs in the
> bootclasspath? I believe the intent is to use that for the JAXP code anyway.

No and yes. I haven't because I wasn't actually trying to run Tomcat
with Harmony classes, I was just using the IBM SDK to see what classes
Tomcat loads (whilst doing a few basic tasks) and then work out which of
them we don't have in Harmony. You are completely right about the Xerces
and Xalan ones, I don't expect them ever to be in Harmony SVN. Perhaps I
should have taken them off the list.

The reason for looking at class loads like this is that I think it gives
us a good idea of what it's worth trying to run now and what should be
left until we have a more complete implementation. Does this make sense?