harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: jira messages redirected to commits mailing list
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:31:16 GMT

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Is there some way to teach JIRA not to send so much mail?

Stop using it as a chat room. :)

> Every state change produces mail to the world - even though it is likely
> only of interest to the reporter, assignee, and watchers.  i.e. any way
> to solve the problem rather than move it ;-)

Every change should be visible to everyone for maximum transparency, or
so I believe.  It would be a pain in the rear if one had to explicitly
sign up for each jira one was interested in.

That said, once the VM activity gets really honking, we'll probably need
a second stream for those...

geir