harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] do we have any current instances where we've chosen to disagree with the spec or RI?
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 17:47:28 GMT
Yes we do.  I'm not convinced that logging them in JIRA is the right
thing -- I'd like to see them a bit closer to the code.

IMHO when we agree on a departure from the spec/RI then the differences
should be embodied in an API test case.  We should expect the test to
pass on harmony code, and fail on the RI -- then add that test to the RI
exclusion list so that all our remaining API tests pass on the RI.  The
exclusion list will become the repository of differences.  We can
address each exclusion if/when they are resolved in the RI.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)