harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject Re: [jchevm] workarounds for Cygwin zip/jar problems that makes "hello world" work
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:37:24 GMT
Weldon Washburn wrote:

>Archie,
>I finally got JCHEVM to compile and run "hello world" with gnu
>classpath.  My next step is to replace gnu classpath with harmony
>class lib.   For anyone interested, below is the workarounds I used:
>
>1)
>Unzip /usr/local/classpath/share/classpath/glibj.zip to
>/usr/local/unzipped_glibj
>2)
>Unzip ....../jchevm/java/jc.zip to /usr/local/unzipped_jc
>3)
>In ......./jchevm/libjc/native/Makefile, replace the line:
>JAVAH_CMD = $(JAVAH) -classpath $(top_srcdir)/java/jc.zip:$(cpdir)/glibj.zip
>with:
>JAVAH_CMD = $(JAVAH) -classpath /usr/local/unzipped_jc:/usr/local/unzipped_glibj
>The above now allows ...../jchevm/Makefile to build jc.exe.  In
>specific, jcjavah.exe generates the expected *.h files and no longer
>causes the build to abort.
>4)
>Running jc.exe with jc.zip and glibj.zip does not work, however,
>running jc.exe with unzipped classes does work.  I put hello.class in
>the same directory as jc.exe and use the following invocation line:
>
>"./jc.exe --classpath=.
>--bootclasspath=/usr/local/unzipped_glibj:/usr/local/unzipped_jc:.
>hello"
>
>I don't know what the specific problem is.  But it probably has
>something to do with how zip.c is making Cygwin calls.
>
>--
>Weldon Washburn
>Intel Middleware Products Division

Hi Waldon, Ivan and Archie

 since I'm writing a brief but detailed HOWTO document that explains how
to get JCHEVM + Classpath-0.20 running on Cygwin, I need to know a few
things:

Waldon:

1. How come you had to make the workaround? Ivan built JCHEVM without it.
    I need to know that because I would like the HOWTO to be as
universal as possible.

2. How long would it take to you to "adapt" JCHEVM to interface Classlib?

3. I figure that once you're done with the port, we'll have to build
Classlib on Cygwin. Right?

Archie:

I noticed that Ivan introduced the macro __CYGWIN__. Did you merge the
macro in the source tree, or it exists only in Ivan's code?

Enrico