harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: AW: Re: any donations expected for awt and swing?
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:14:26 GMT

michael.koch@enough.de wrote:
>> Yes, that would be interesting, but we have heaps of work to do as is to
>> get the basic requirements for J2SE done, and this isn't....
>>
>> Well, I wonder what the requirements of Swing actually are...  :)
>>
>> In any event, while we aren't going to extend the class library - we are
>> going to do the complete standard, for things like this we should think
>> about what we want to do.
>>
>> The scope of this project is J2SE, and there has been some recent
>> concern by the incubator PMC about scope creep in incubator podlings.
>
> AWT and Swing is part of J2SE. Its no extension at all. If you are going  to be J2SE
5 compliant you will need it.

Yes, I know AWT and Swing are part of J2SE.  Please read the full post
next time.

The person I was responding to was suggesting a Swing implementation
that runs in *text mode*.  The question I was asking was if this was
something we could do and be w/in the constraints of the spec.  if not,
it's an extension.

A cute one, but still an extension.

geir