harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: any donations expected for awt and swing?
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:42:47 GMT
Yes, that would be interesting, but we have heaps of work to do as is to
get the basic requirements for J2SE done, and this isn't....

Well, I wonder what the requirements of Swing actually are...  :)

In any event, while we aren't going to extend the class library - we are
going to do the complete standard, for things like this we should think
about what we want to do.

The scope of this project is J2SE, and there has been some recent
concern by the incubator PMC about scope creep in incubator podlings.

That said, if we have interested people, we can approach the incubator
PMC with a proposal to add "Harmony extensions" or something properly
named or just start a new podling.  I suspect that these smaller
packages are too small for independent podlings, but I guess we need to
just see what we come up with.

geir