harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept HARMONY-57 : Contribution of unit test code for a number of components
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 09:49:01 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> +1
>
> What's the plan on putting this in SVN? Will this be its own project or will
> it be distributed to the various classlib modules? The reason I ask is that
> there are a number of common classes and base classes, which would make
> splitting the tests up a bit more challenging.

Hi Nathan,

The submitted zip was put together with the intention that the unit test
code would be able to slot into the existing modules layout in SVN.
There is a separate folder/project called "Harmony_Tests" (intended to
live under enhanced/classlib/trunk) in which as many shared resources as
possible were grouped. This would be the best location for any common or
ancestor classes to reside. Could you give me an example of some of
these common and base classes that you have identified among the
modules' test code ?

Since it isn't in SVN it is IMHO too early to be raising JIRA issues for
any refactoring of this unit test code but it would be helpful to know
about what kind of splitting you have in mind.

Best regards,
George
IBM UK