harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept HARMONY-57 : Contribution of unit test code for a number of components
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:08:24 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:50:02AM -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>> can I vote a "blank statement +1" that you can use to move code into SVN?
>> I think that if you would like to make a +1 blanket statement, then
>> we'll count that in the future.
>
> In my mind, in terms of "people that have reviewed what is going on and
> what is going into SVN and that the paperwork is ok", it doesn't count.
> No statement in that case is better.
>
>>> I mean, if we have the paperwork, let's move the code in, whether or not
>>> we end up releasing it will require another vote anyway.
>> However, for awareness, oversight and participation, I think we still
>> should be voting code in.
>
> +1. "I trust Geir got it right" is bad since it creates a dependency on Geir
> and moreover doesn't scale well (and scaling, we need...). However, changing
> to a commit-then-review mode might help, and might scale better.

I understand what you mean but I assume that the "lump" contributions
will stop as work effort converts to be entirely w/in the project.  (And
no "Geir got it right" is the wrong way to go...)

Also, as a podling, post-start code contributions have been the subject
of recent Incubator PMC concern and scrutiny, so lets keep the oversight.

We have a 3 day timeout for these, so if someone missed the vote, it's
ok, we just ensure that there are no vetos and 3 +1s.

geir