harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: any donations expected for awt and swing?
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:34:07 GMT
Probably best to put the 'concerted work in progress' description on the
wiki, so anyone can join in; the website status page was intended to be
more of a current state of the code overview.  We should also start to
set ourselves some goals, in terms of applications to run, etc.

If you want to make a start on the wiki page that would be good, or if
anyone else has an idea for tracking intent...

It's also worth mentioning that I don't believe we should be exclusive
about areas of work within, and contribution to, Harmony.  While I
understand that the goal is to minimize redundant work, we may find
ourselves in the situation of having more than one implementation of the
same APIs (we already saw this happen with 'security' and 'security2'
contributions).  This is no bad thing as it allows us to evaluate the
best technical option (quickly) and proceed with the combined group of
experts collaborating on a single code base.  I hope we can continue to
do so 'harmoniously'.

Regards,
Tim

--