harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Contribution of DNS service provider for JNDI
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:52:53 GMT
Hi,

I would like to announce the next code contribution to Harmony project on
behalf of Intel corporation. This contribution contains the implementation
of DNS service provider for JNDI.

The archive with this contribution can be found at:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-256<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-xxx>

The DNS service provider enables Java applications to access information
stored in Domain Name System databases by means of the Java Naming and
Directory Interface. The provider presents the DNS namespace as a tree of
JNDI directory contexts, and DNS resource records as JNDI attributes. For
more information please see the documentation distributed along with the
bundle.

The code is a result of efforts of Intel Middleware Product Division team.
One should be able to run this code with a 1.4+ compatible JRE/VM (was
tested using commercial VMs). No classes require special support from the
VM. All code is pure Java. The implementation is done according to Java 1.4
specification of DirContext interface.

The archive contains the README file that explains the building and running
process for this code. If any additional comments or clarifications are
needed, feel free to contact me. I will be happy to answer all questions
about this contribution and to participate in its further
development/maintenance and integration into Harmony.

Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Middleware Product Division