harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Gray <chris.g...@kiffer.be>
Subject Re: More helpful error messages
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:35:34 GMT
On Sunday 26 March 2006 20:10, Magnusson, Geir wrote:
> The point was to illustrate having useful information in the message.
> Optime any way you see fit.
> That said, given that you are throwing an exception... do we really care?
> I'm praying that we don't have apis that throw exceptions as a   normal
> result of operation.....

java.lang.ClassLoader loadClass() throws a ClassNotFoundException every time a
classloader delegates to its parent and the parent cannot load the class,
which is pretty normal. There's probably plenty more than that - just try
instrumenting a VM to print out all the exceptions thrown in java.lang.* and
watch them fly by ...