harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r386058 [1/49] ...
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:32:45 GMT
49 commit messages for a single commit! The continuous wash-in of
Really Big(tm) chunks of code scares me a little (even if its real cool)
 -- usually I make it policy to read every single line of code contributed
to a project for which I'm on the PMC but there's no chance in hell I'm
going to spend an entire weekend reading unit tests. Just keeping up amounts
to something close to a fulltime job. The "usual" "oversight" model that at
least some parts of the ASF are used to seems near-impossible to apply here.

Will all people able to read every line of code as it comes in please raise
their hands?

I'm thinking about how to make this stuff scale. Any ideas? The natural
tendency is to want to partition, but that way we lose the "many eyes"
advantages....

Anyway, just a random thought...

- Leo