harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [jchevm] JCHEVM discussion]
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:56:38 GMT
--- Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:

> Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> > Hi Leo,
> >
> > Leo Simons wrote:
> >> Thanks for your clarifications! Since Geir has
> informed me that some
> >> of the conversation related to this issue is
> currently also proceeding
> >> outside of the public forum (I must say I
> personally find that a shame
> >> -- all of the open source community can learn
> from things like this if
> >> the discussion happens in public), I'll respect
> the desire for a little
> >> privacy and refrain from commenting further here,
> below, except to note
> >> that,
> >
> > While it is not my objective to eliminate
> transparency from the
> > discussion, I really felt that it would be much
> easier to work out a
> > solution in private, where I don't feel the
> pressure of hundreds of eyes
> > reading each of my words, specially that the heat
> is on me, as the SVN
> > access to JCHEVM has been blocked.
>
> Please don't feel pressure there.  You brought up a
> claim that was at
> first blush legitimate, and it was *our* decision to
> aggressively lock
> down SVN while we sorted things out - you never made
> any such demand,
> and I appreciate your sensitivity to this.

Agreed.  As an interested (thus far non-contributing)
observer, I can assure you, Etienne, that you have not
come across as unreasonable.  Your name is respected
in the community and no less so now, given your
willingness to work with Geir, Archie et al on this
matter.

So the "opener" the better!  ;)

-Matt