harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept HARMONY-57 : Contribution of unit test code for a number of components
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:32:57 GMT
On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:50:02AM -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >can I vote a "blank statement +1" that you can use to move code into SVN?
>
> I think that if you would like to make a +1 blanket statement, then
> we'll count that in the future.

In my mind, in terms of "people that have reviewed what is going on and
what is going into SVN and that the paperwork is ok", it doesn't count.
No statement in that case is better.

> >I mean, if we have the paperwork, let's move the code in, whether or not
> >we end up releasing it will require another vote anyway.
>
> However, for awareness, oversight and participation, I think we still
> should be voting code in.

+1. "I trust Geir got it right" is bad since it creates a dependency on Geir
and moreover doesn't scale well (and scaling, we need...). However, changing
to a commit-then-review mode might help, and might scale better.

LSD