harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Gandara" <danielgand...@neosur.com>
Subject Re: ITC's Contribution
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:20:54 GMT
> "Magnusson, Geir" wrote
>I don't think that you can do full j.u.c w/o support from the vm.

I agree on that.

>Are you saying that what is there works w/ the oswego code?

No, our (java.rmi) code does not work with it; the oswego code
does not support generics and it is not compliant with the spec for
j.u.c.; what I said is that we may adapt our code to work with
oswego but that will move us away from Harmony's goal.

> It ok if its not complete...  We can continue w it once we get
> a v5 vm.

What about the j.u.c backport to 1.4
(http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/index.php)
it may be a good starting point, on their page they say:

"The code can be used for any purpose, modified, and redistributed
without acknowledgment. No warranty is provided, either express or
implied.
Note: versions prior to 2.1 had dependencies on proprietary code.
As of 2.1, any such dependencies have been removed."

what do you think?

Daniel