harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Iris Gastañaga <iris.gastan...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: ITC's Contribution
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:10:17 GMT

Is this ok? where should we send this documents?

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Tim Ellison [mailto:t.p.ellison@gmail.com]
Enviado el: Lunes, 06 de Marzo de 2006 01:54 p.m.
Para: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Asunto: Re: ITC's Contribution

Iris Gastañaga wrote:
> Hi all,
>     On behalf of ITC (Cordoba Institute of Technology)from Argentina.I
> want to offer a code contribution of the
> following packages:
> - java.math    (led by Daniel Fridlender)
> - java.crypto  (led by Miguel Montes)
> - java.rmi     (led by Daniel Gándara)
> Last year the ITC decided to start a "clean-room" java package
> development
> project; now we are proud to make this donation and we hope it be
> accepted as a valid
> contribution (which we believe it is).

That is fantastic Iris! thanks.

> Having said this, I do have a few questions:
> a) Next Steps?
>   which are the next steps? we have read the contribution policy and
> are
> ok with that; we'll send aditional questions regarding documents to be

> signed on a separated email.

We can help with a quick overview of the contribution requirements for
acceptance -- that would be the logical next steps.  Looks like the
other questions have been pulled out into separate threads, so let's
deal with them there.

> b) Harmony 1.5?
> we have developed J2SE 1.5 compliant/dependant packages -following the
> specs
> of harmony project-; but we see that currently Harmony is not 1.5 but
> 1.4.
> Is there an schedule or plan to get Harmony J2SE 1.5?
> c) Some still missing components...
> we have checked some pre-conditions before making this announcement
> we
> found that there are some components we need (i.e.: concurrent) which
> are
> not on Harmony yet.  Is someone working on those missing components?
> we'll be waiting for comments,
> Sincerely,
> Ing. Iris Gastañaga
> Executive Director
> Instituto Tecnológico Córdoba
> Córdoba Business Tower, Piso 15
> Tel: +54 (351) 5710022 / 23
> www.fitc.unc.edu.ar
> PS: we will send mails with specific package information.
> PS1: we do know that java.math and java.crypto have already been
> donated,
> but we do believe our code is a valid donation.
> PS2: for each package we have developed a set of test cases (public
> that we are willing to donate too.

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

View raw message