harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Ballard <stuart.a.ball...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie to project-where to start from
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:57:26 GMT
Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison <at> gmail.com> writes:
> We are using JUnit, so your test class extends junit.framework.TestCase.
>  Each test method is "public void test_<methodID>()" where <methodID> is
> the method under test including param types; e.g. [3].

Apologies if I'm (re)opening a can of worms here, but is there some reason why
Harmony isn't collaborating with the existing and extensive Mauve test suite?

I understand the license issues that prevent closer ties between Harmony and
Classpath, even if I find them frustrating. But I don't see that there can
possibly be license issues on a test suite, because individual tests are
independent of each other so there's no reason they all have to share the same
license.

I can't quickly find an explicit statement of Mauve's license on its homepage[1]
sadly.

Stuart.

[1] http://sourceware.org/mauve/