harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location for API extensions
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 06:10:33 GMT
As it said before it is not a good idea to positioning any Harmony classes
as "extension for the standard API".

However we can think about creating some standalone utilities library.

But there are a lot of questions. For example what structure and
content should such library have. What classes used in Harmony modules we
should include and what classes we should not include. It's obvious that
library which simply consists of classes used by different developers in
different places will look like trash can but not like useful library.

From other hand if we are talking about using these useful classes only
inside Harmony then it's probably a good idea. But we need some procedure
for moving a class to utilities package and we need to notify developers
about class capabilities.

--
Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division