harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we want to be bug compatible? (was: Re: newbie to project-where to start from)
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:20:02 GMT
Well seems like we all agree with the general approach.

But...

:)

I do not agree with the specific case you describe: NPE vs. IAE.

I can imagine a programmer who does not read the spec, who
does not want to check for null, who just makes 'catch NPE' somewhere

And his app would work well on RI and fail with uncaught IAE on Harmony
if we follow the spec. So, what is the reason in this very specific case
to firmly follow the spec?

Thanks,
Mikhail