harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Loenko <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] security2 -> security
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:09:38 GMT
I've reviewed exception classes:

General:
security has javadocs that reword SUN's spec, while sec2 does not have
security seems to follow 1.4 spec, while sec2 - 1.5

AccessControlException
- almost no difference. permission field is private in s2 and package-vis in sec

PrivilegedActionException
- almost the same. the difference is in toString()

DigestException,
GeneralSecurityException
InvalidAlgorithmParameterException
InvalidKeyException
KeyException
NoSuchAlgorithmException
SignatureException
cert/CertificateEncodingException
cert/CertificateException
cert/CertificateParsingException
cert/CRLException
- sec misses two constructors (new in 1.5) and serialVersionUID. sec2 has them.

InvalidParameterException
NoSuchProviderException
cert/CertificateExpiredException
cert/CertificateNotYetValidException
- sec misses serialVersionUID. sec2 has it.

KeyManagementException
KeyStoreException
ProviderException
UnrecoverableEntryException
UnrecoverableKeyException
acl/*
spec/*
cert/CertStoreException
cert/CertPathBuilderException
cert/CertPathValidatorException
  - present in security2 only

The question is: are we going to take javadocs?

Thanks,
Mikhail