harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stepan Mishura <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'security2' TODOs list
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 07:56:35 GMT
Status update

> 1) Moving com.openintel to org.apache.harmony (status: almost DONE)
> Issues:
> - Did we agree on com.openintel.drlx.* -> org.apache.harmony.x.*?
> - Tim had problems with running security tests.

Done

 2) Integrate build files (status: NONE)
> - split 'security2' to components
> - compiling native code
> - compile and run unit tests

In progress:
- A patch was provided for creating x_net component
(see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-48)
- A patch was provided for running security2 tests on Harmony codebase
(see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-58)

Done:
- Experimented with contribution of java.math library: most of tests
failures caused by stub implementation will be resolved.

 Issues that may be resolved later:

> 1) Writing JavaDoc (status: the discussion got stuck, no decision was
> made)
> 'security2' has "com.intel.drl.spec_ref" javadoc tag that should be
> replaced

In progress:
- Did everybody agree on that Harmony javadoc will contain a link to the
J2SE specification?

 2) New Modules or Components
> a. Providers: put providers into separate modules (status: no objections)
> See
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200601.mbox/%3c6e47b64f0601170332k3d418fabwd25a264c5e0f1532@mail.gmail.com%3e

No objections

 b. Do reorg in security component: (status: no replies)
> Pick out JAAS, JGSS-API and SASL from 'security' module and create a
> separate module for them (name for module?). The rest of 'security' to be
> combined with 'crypto' module.
> See http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200601.mbox/%3c906dd82e0601182114v3af679f5n95a58fe4fb1355fc@mail.gmail.com%3e

In progress
- No objections, a suggested name for a new component is 'security-x'

 3) Performance testing (status: the discussion got stuck, no decision was
> made)
> There is PerformanceTest super class that should be substituted with some
> other mechanism. (JUnit decoration, simple Logger …)

In progress:
- Discussing: running tests in different configurations

Done:
- A patch was applied for removing redundant tests logging
(see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-44)
- A patch was applied for removing PerformanceTest super class
(see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-55)

 4) Test framework (status: the discussion got stuck, no decision was made)
> Where to place unit tests and how we are going to run 'security2' unit
> tests (bootclass path vs. classpath)?

In progress

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura