harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Chernyshev" <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we want to be bug compatible? (was: Re: newbie to project-where to start from)
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:48:01 GMT
> How will we verify Harmony with all existing apps in the world?

Certainly there is no way to verify Harmony with all existing apps
ourselves. But, it looks like we do have a bug reporting system which
would allow Harmony users to let us know about possible binary
incompatibilities with RI (which might be critical for them for some
reason). We could consider and fix (or not fix) such incompatibilities
on a case-by-case basis, depending on the importance of a particular
application.

Gerry did an excellent note earlier in this thread that there is an
appeal process which can help to fix the spec/RI inconsistencies. In
particular, it would address the issue when RI doesn't conform to the
spec for some reason while the variety of apps are already dependent
on a wrongly thrown exception.

Thank you,
Andrey Chernyshev
Intel Middleware Products Division