harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Chernyshev <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Acceptance of HARMONY-39 : Contribution of beans, regex and math class library code
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:51:28 GMT
Well, I was using zip included with the cygwin distribution, this
could be the issue.
It seems like it produces zip file which has a difference in one byte
compared to the similar file produced by zip at my Linux machine (it
was SuSE9 i586).

BTW: is there any way to replace a file at JIRA issue? What will
happen if I just upload the file with the same name?

> > What software are you using? Have you tried using 'jar'? That should be
> > pretty cross-platform...

I wouldn't speculate on that, but... I have a strong feeling that both
zip and jar utilities are likely to have the same core - zlib library,
hence the luck of creating equal zip files is likely to depend on it's
portability anyways :).

Thank you,
Andrey Chernyshev
Intel Middleware Products Division