harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Weldon Washburn <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jchevm] native method API for _jc_new_intern_string -- do you plan to add to _jc_ilib_entry table?
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 04:54:31 GMT
> Weldon Washburn wrote:
> > Question -- does it make sense to include a stupid, simple
> > String.intern() in the kernel class to make it even easier and more
> > convenient for someone trying to graft Harmony Class Libraries to a
> > new JVM?
>
> Sure, we can add it to the KERNEL module stubs so people can choose to
> reuse it or replace it as they see fit.  Care to contribute yours?
OK. But I warn you its really stupid, really simple and... its never
even been compiled.  Below is the code:

private String [] internArray = new String[256];
    public String intern()
    {
        System.out.println("String.intern() is not fully implemented");

        for (int ii = 0; ii < internArray.length; ii++)
        {
            if (this.equals(internArray[ii]))
                return internArray[ii];
            if (internArray[ii] == null)
            {
                internArray[ii] = this;
                return this;
            }
        }
        while (true)
            System.out.println("String.intern() --- error, overflowed
intern storage");
    }

--
Weldon Washburn