harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Avtamonov <anton.avtamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie to project-where to start from
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:52:32 GMT
> I agree with Tim that we should discuss on the dev list

+1

> Later we might want to have some roadmap once we find a number
> of similar issues
>
> At this point I think we might be compatible when RI throws
> wrong exceptions - for example it often mixes NPE and
> IllegalArgumentException

Sometimes spec states IllegalArgumentException should be thrown, but
implementation produces NPE. I think that is because
IllegalArgumentException is missed in impl and algorithm just failed
somewhere...
IMHO, when spec states some exception we should be spec-compatible.

--
Anton Avtamonov,
Intel Middleware Products Division