harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: procedure after checkout
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:09:06 GMT
Hi Karan,

Yes, at the moment, running the top level make/build.xml script is
required after every checkout. The outlook is for the Ant building logic
to eventually get devolved down to separate Ant scripts in each
individual module so they will be capable of building just themselves.
This componentised building should save the overhead of a "full build"
when files in just one module have been changed. A full build will
involve the top level Ant scripts calling down into each module's Ant
script in turn.

If you are working in just one module (e.g. luni or nio etc) and you are
an Eclipse user then Tim's instructions on working inside the Eclipse
workspace will be of interest to you [1] ; particularly as it does not
require carrying out full builds.

Best regards,
George
IBM UK