harmony-dev mailing list archives

From snowdosker <snowdos...@academ.org>
Subject Re: [jchevm] problems with gnu classpath and also jchevm builds
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:03:05 GMT

>> Archie, Ivan,
>>
>> I am following the email that Ivan Snowdosker sent on Monday, Feb 20
>> that describes how to build and run JCHEVM.  I have hit a couple of
>> bewildering snags.  I installed the latest version of cygwin from the
>> net but there still seems to be build problems.
>>
>> I need to build classpath-0.20 to get the native methods.
>> "./configure --with-jikes --enable-jni" seems to run OK.  But when I
>> type, "make" for classpath-0.20, it somehow sets "top_srcdir=.."
>> instead of "top_srcdir=."   The Makefile sets it to "top_srcdir=." but
>> it somehow gets reset to "..".   I can't find where it gets reset.

Yes, I was also surprized by such behaviour.
This was with jikes downloaded and installed from cygwin site.
If I remember right the problem magically gone when I got jikes sources
from here
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jikes/jikes-1.22.tar.bz2?download
and build jikes from sources after applying this patch
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1202863&group_id=128803&atid=712760

Ivan