harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject Re: [jchevm] APR issues
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:43:04 GMT
Hi,

>>  So what we'd need now is a mechanism to override
>> the automatic choice of "platform".  I wouldn't be too surprised if
>> someone decided to create "platforms" for the other two (?) choices of
>> windows implementation - cygwin native and cygwin w/o cygwin.dll.
>>

> ??? native windoze and cygwin, or do I miss something?

The cygwin.dll acts as an emulation layer for all those POSIX functions
that
Windows doesn't have. If a program doesn't call any of the functions
provided
by cygwin.dll, then, this library is not needed and, I guess, it's not
even loaded.

GCC, when used on Cygwin, produces always a native executable file for
Windows, and
the extension is .exe.

Enrico