harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: [jchevm] problems with gnu classpath and also jchevm builds
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 03:30:39 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> meaning that with some minor gluecode that weldon is writing, we don't
> need to have GNU Classpath to run JCHEVM and Harmony classlib?
>
>>> does this mean that JCHEVM has a hard dependency on native methods
>>> from GNU Classpath?
>>
>> Not sure exactly what you're asking, but I think the answer is no.
>> There shouldn't be any dependencies beyond what is required.

That's correct. All that's required from any class library to work
with jchevm right now is that it use the Java/VM API that jchevm
supports (defined by Classpath). Of course any class library has
to come with some native libraries of its own, but that's really
it's own business and not a concern of the VM (other than the VM
being the channel through which the two communicate).

-Archie