harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: Classpath on Cygwin: failed to open native library error
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:30:34 GMT
snowdosker wrote:
> Still havn't solved problem with
> jc: assertion failure: _r == 0
> jc: location: file `thread.c' line 1023
> This one is the reason for simple thread test crash after few itterations

This one is mysterious and will take some debugging by someone on
a Cygwin platform. I'd start by checking what "r" is (i.e., what's
the return value). Then try to come up with a simple test case
of a condition variable, etc.

Note condition variables are also used during garbage collection.
What happens when you run a program that invokes System.gc() ?

The other fixes you mention I've committed in r380969,
except as noted below...

> 8. in libjc\zip.c   pread(..) replaced with lseek + read calls

This "fix" is really a workaround that introduces a new race
condition (when two threads are reading from the same ZIP file
at the same time). More work is required, e.g., adding a mutex.
I'll add this to my list, or if you have a candidate patch email
it to me.

Cheers,
-Archie