harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: TALK:Wednesday 3-1-06 Evolution of the Java (tm) Programming Language an]
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 01:44:36 GMT
Gerry Steele wrote:
> you can ask that question. Cause i agree what the *($%^ is going on.
> Seriously. I hope it is with regard to the philosophical enquiry into
> the persuasive nature of technological advancement.
>
> Not how the bible is the handbook for the persuasive appropriation of
> the waterfall method upon engineers cause, you know, he liked to walk
> on water and ultimately he fell to his death cause of this fallacy.
>
> Or most logically, a programmer who happens to think he is a
> theologian. But whats more, append it to his credentials. Now that is
> silly.
>
> Hopefully, the first two are closer to reality.

A good friend of mine used to have "cat juggler" as his title and I was
thinking about using "software plumber" as mine at one point.

I tend to prefer somebody who admits to be a religiously attached to
something than those who pretend to be objective about it and deep
inside they are not.

Not sure this is the case, but that's how I read it.

--
Stefano.