harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: Classpath on Cygwin: failed to open native library error
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:50:55 GMT
snowdosker wrote:

>>> Just compared my local version with svn repository at Harmony project..
>>> Don't see any changes.
>>> Do you commit  this changes in JCVM repository ?
>>
>> Yes, r378953.
>
> Sorry for bothering you.  This number is something not very clear for me.
> I'm not guru in CVS  but  I just checkouted  latest JCVM  from
> sourceforge ...latest modifications dates are
> 21.01.2006 How and where can I get diff for this changes to apply it for
> my local JCHEVM installation ?

You seem to be checking out JCVM, which is not the same as JCHEVM.
You need to use Subversion (not CVS) for JCHEVM and point it at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/jchevm

> Also.. today started working on assertions..
> This one in vm.c under cygwin
> JC_ASSERT(vm->threads.prio_min <= vm->threads.prio_max);
> caused by a bit strange implementation of  * *sched.cc on cygwin
> (source can be found here:
> http://www.koders.com/cpp/fidFCD804607170E62E066B115DCE4FCB2BEA405E30.aspx
> )
> All functions operates (accept as params and returns) with unix-like
> thread priorities, mapping it to reverse windows style priorities.
> But for some strange reason    sched_get_priority_max (int policy) and
> sched_get_priority_min (int policy) return windows style
> reverse priorities from 15(min)  to  -14(max)
> Just defined  wrapping functions in i386_libjc.h  and used these
> functions instead of original ones.

Can you report this bug back to the Cygwin developers?
I checked in a version of your fix as r379838.

-Archie