harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] using cpp
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:51:25 GMT
Instead of introducing this strict language rule, I suggest to consider
this restriction case by case with some principles.

One of the principles should be that our codes can be easily ported to
as many platforms as possible. Obviously ANSI C has  more compatibility
on multi platforms and is much easier to support for platform provider
than C++, and because we have few native codes in classlib written by
c++ so far,  it's not a bad idea that we consider ANSI C as the first
choice to implement native codes in classlib.

And of course, if someday in some cases, the implementation by C++ is
obviously much better(elegant, simple, high performance, or anything
else) than counterpart by C, so that the compatibility/complexity issue
introduced can be ignored, I have no objection to use C++.

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab