harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Liang <richard.lian...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal: Wrap ICU4J to implement java.text.DecimalFormat enhancement of Java 5.0
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:27:30 GMT
As mentioned in Java 5.0 "New Features":

The DecimalFormat class has been enhanced to format and parse BigDecimal
and BigInteger values without loss of precision. Formatting of such
values is enhanced automatically; parsing into BigDecimal needs to be
enabled using the setParseBigDecimal method.

As I know, ICU4J 3.4 has already support BigDecimal and BigInteger. And
ICU4J is special for internationalization. Shall we just wrap ICU4J 3.4
to implement the new enhancement? Or simply re-implement whole
DecimalFomat/NumberFormat by wrapping ICU4J's classes?

Any comments? Thanks a lot

--
Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM