harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject [jchevm] Cygwin issues
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:37:01 GMT
Hi Archie and Ivan,

 > Archie Cobbs wrote:
 > Today I've made changes to eliminate the requirement that
_JC_FULL_ALIGNMENT
 > be at most sizeof(_jc_word), so this will fix the assertion in heap.c.

hope that doesn't sacrifice any of the features of jchevm

 > As for the failure to exit properly, this is probably related to the
 > assertion on line 1023 of thread.c (which you said was failing in a
 > previous email on Cygwin).
 > This will take some further debugging.. there may be a bug in the
 > handing of the "vm_destruction" condition variable but since I don't
 > see the assertion it may be easier for you guys to debug it. I'll
 > try a visual inspection though.
 > -Archie

ok

 > Ivan wrote:
 > It's probably related to my incorrect  definition of
 >extern inline const void * _jc_jmpbuf_sp(const sigjmp_buf buf)
 >in file \jchevm\libjc\arch\i386\i386_libjc.h  which I added few days
 >ago as cygwin specific branch.
 >in order to proceed

Ivan,

1) I'd suggest you to set up the DDD visual debugger in order
 to run step by step jchevm and use breakpoints. DDD works perfectly
 on Cygwin: all you need to do is to install the X libraries, and from
 a shell, run $startx and then, from the windows that appears, $ddd

2) in order to proceed, let's "align" our development environment in terms
 of source code modifications. In fact, to build jchevm, just like you,
I had
 to add some declarations in some header files, and modify the pread()
 call into a read(). My proposal is the following:
 let's install the new versions of Cygwin, Classpath, and jchevm,
 build them from scratch, produce a written document with all the steps
 and modifications, and post it this mailing list.
 Afterwards, we will be able to write and debug some test cases.

what do you think?

Enrico