harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: Classpath on Cygwin: failed to open native library error
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:20:54 GMT
Enrico Migliore wrote:
> great! I'll try it tomorrow on my PC.
> I think there are still quite a few things to fix on Cygwin,
> because, for example, if we enable the assertions, JCHEVM exits.
> The results we've got are encouraging though :-)
>
> Archie: what are we supposed to do now?

Today I've made changes to eliminate the requirement that _JC_FULL_ALIGNMENT
be at most sizeof(_jc_word), so this will fix the assertion in heap.c.

As for the failure to exit properly, this is probably related to the
assertion on line 1023 of thread.c (which you said was failing in a
previous email on Cygwin).

This will take some further debugging.. there may be a bug in the
handing of the "vm_destruction" condition variable but since I don't
see the assertion it may be easier for you guys to debug it. I'll
try a visual inspection though.

-Archie