harmony-dev mailing list archives

From James Pluck <papabea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie to project-where to start from
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:18:34 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> James Pluck wrote:
>> Just piggybacking on this.  I've been on the mailing list for some
>> months now and have downloaded the code and been brwosing through it.
>> I'm a reasonably adept programmer but this is a very major project and
>> it's a little daunting to know just where to begin.  I'd appreciate
>> any suggestions of where I might be best able to contribute my time.
>> I'd prefer to work on the actual implementation rather than just
>> testing if possible but I'm keen to help out anywhere that might be
>> useful.
>
> What would you like to work on?  We clearly need bunches of things,
> including the standard included utilities, so start thinking about an
> area that you would really enjoy to work on....

Personally I'm a bit of a Math geek so perhaps the math or bigmath areas
would be a good place for me to start.  I would be keen to talk with
anyone who is already working on this area so that we can minimise
duplication of work.

> (I'd love to see someone get our compiler-launcher done, so we would
> have javac using the eclipse compiler.)

Unfortunately I have very little knowledge and experience in writing
compilers so I would be of limited use here - except perhaps as a beta
tester.

James Pluck