harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject Re: compiling JCHEVM with GCC/Cygwin
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:32:56 GMT
snowdosker wrote:

> Thank you Enrico and Archie.
>
> So now with assertions disabled  I faced next problem, Enrico
> mentioned in his email.
> The same
> "failed to open native library
> /usr/local/classpath/lib/classpath/libjavanio.dll.a: permission denied"
>
> I'm trying to run it under XP professional so I had no problem to set
> exec flags in permissions
> but this do not help.
> Still the same problem.
>
> Please, let me know if you will find solution.
>
> Thanks, Ivan

Hi Ivan,

are you saying that, even though the permissions of libjavanio.dll.a are
-r-xr-xr-x,
you got the same message? Please, let me know.

If so, then I think we have to ask for help in the Classpath mailing list,
because I really got no clue :-)

In the mean time, I'm studying the JCHEVM source code, in order to
figure out:

          1. JCHEVM' OS dependancies
          2. the way JCHEVM access the Classpath library

The study would much easies if I could use the debugger, and I think I'm
gonna
have to set up a Linux machine.

 Enrico