harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] security moved
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:00:10 GMT

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> Tim Ellison wrote:
>>> Thanks.  How about making the archive/ a peer of trunk/, branches/ &
>>> tags/, then people downloading trunk won't get the archived stuff too?
>> Hm.  I think of it still as "live material" in our tree, but I don't
>> feel too strongly about this.  If we keep it there, we should set  a
>> policy to expire it out of there at some point.
>
> whatever -- I don't really mind either.  We have a module called
> 'archive' so don't want to add to confusion about the archive in trunk.

>>> I have built the refactored code (at rev 378478) and created the snapshot
>>> archives.  They are sitting on my disk at the moment.  Do we need a
>>> green light from the incubator PMC before uploading a new snapshot?
>> No.  I'll check to see if I promised lazy notification messages on this.
>
> ok -- let me know, I'll wait.

  Don't hold up for this.  This is for all practical purposes an
automated snapshot, you being the automator...  No one will confuse this
for a release of any sort.

We prollie should be doubly sure, and put a note in the root -
SNAPSHOT.txt or something for next time...

>> BTW, is there an ant target for this snapshot creation yet?
>
> erm, (shuffle, shuffle), no.  I run the default target and copy in the
> license, notices, and readme files.  I'll add it to the list

Cool - I just was getting bleary-eyed last night so wasn't sure if I
missed it..

thx

geir