harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] security moved
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:53:18 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>>> I moved modules/security to archive/modules/security and moved
>>> modules/security2 to modules/security.  I adjusted build scripts as
>>> needed.
>>
>> Thanks.  How about making the archive/ a peer of trunk/, branches/ &
>> tags/, then people downloading trunk won't get the archived stuff too?
>
> Hm.  I think of it still as "live material" in our tree, but I don't
> feel too strongly about this.  If we keep it there, we should set  a
> policy to expire it out of there at some point.

whatever -- I don't really mind either.  We have a module called
'archive' so don't want to add to confusion about the archive in trunk.

>>> I wasn't able to go further or put a snapshot up because of really awful
>>> network conditions in the hotel I'm in. (There seems to be something
>>> systemically bad about Embassy Suites - this is the second time I've had
>>> network problems in the last two times I stayed in one...)
>>
>> I have built the refactored code (at rev 378478) and created the snapshot
>> archives.  They are sitting on my disk at the moment.  Do we need a
>> green light from the incubator PMC before uploading a new snapshot?
>
> No.  I'll check to see if I promised lazy notification messages on this.

ok -- let me know, I'll wait.

> BTW, is there an ant target for this snapshot creation yet?

erm, (shuffle, shuffle), no.  I run the default target and copy in the
license, notices, and readme files.  I'll add it to the list.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)