harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] security moved
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:30:50 GMT

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> I moved modules/security to archive/modules/security and moved
>> modules/security2 to modules/security.  I adjusted build scripts as needed.
>
> Thanks.  How about making the archive/ a peer of trunk/, branches/ &
> tags/, then people downloading trunk won't get the archived stuff too?

Hm.  I think of it still as "live material" in our tree, but I don't
feel too strongly about this.  If we keep it there, we should set  a
policy to expire it out of there at some point.

>> I wasn't able to go further or put a snapshot up because of really awful
>> network conditions in the hotel I'm in. (There seems to be something
>> systemically bad about Embassy Suites - this is the second time I've had
>> network problems in the last two times I stayed in one...)
>
> I have built the refactored code (at rev 378478) and created the snapshot
> archives.  They are sitting on my disk at the moment.  Do we need a
> green light from the incubator PMC before uploading a new snapshot?

No.  I'll check to see if I promised lazy notification messages on this.

BTW, is there an ant target for this snapshot creation yet?

>> Tim, do the change of the package names if you wish.  I'll do the
>> snapshot based on a svn rev later today (unless someone else wants
>> to...)  I suspect that it won't be a major deal if you get the new J9 VM
>> up at the same time as the svn change is made...
>
> The plan is still on course to have the new VME version in place ready
> for people to continue working seamlessly, and leave the old VME there
> to run snapshots.

Right -