harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] do we need a global exclude list?
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:20:47 GMT

Stepan Mishura wrote:
> Did anybody think of creating a 'global' (i.e. shared by all modules)
> exclude list or every module will have its own exclude list? Or Harmony
> tests will always pass and we don't need it at all :-)

That would be the goal :)

> I see at least the following benefits of creating 'global' exclude list: all
> know issues are kept in one well known place (they don't spread between
> several private lists)

That's true, but....  I always imagined that people would be working in
the modules anyway, so there isn't much gain.

also it is easier to create an exclude list for a
> target platform, for example, linux.exclude or win.exclude.

Yes, that could be.  Interesting idea.

However, I did imagine that we'd give the modules a bit of freedom and
independence for testing - a global exclude list might impact that?

geir