harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: newbie to project-where to start from
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:17:50 GMT

karan malhi wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Thanks for such a detailed reply. I have a couple of  more questions:

> 1. Do I have to sign and fax back the questionnaire before I start
> working on harmony ?

It would be good to have that information, yes.  We want to be able to
demonstrate the provenance of our code, and this is a major element in
the system.

> 2. I know this is dumb but I saw in some previous posts that the tests
> were being compiled with jrockit.

You can compile with whatever you want.

However, we're trying to always move closer to self-hosting, so we've
been specifying the eclipse compiler in the ant build scripts.

So what I would do is mimic what we already have going on there.

> I guess I can use any compiler (sun)
> without causing any licensing issues - right?

Absolutely. Use whatever compiler you choose.

And even if there was an issue w/ the binary, you would only be
contributing the source code anyway.

Sorry, but I am very poor
> with this licensing stuff. Just want to make sure I am playing within
> the rules of the game.

No one here is a lawyer - it's hard for all of us...

geir