harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Migliore <enrico.migli...@fatti.com>
Subject Re: compiling JCHEVM with GCC/Cygwin
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:56:46 GMT
snowdosker wrote:

> Enrico Migliore wrote:
>
>> snowdosker wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Enrico
>>>
>>> I'm trying to build JCHEVM following your steps described at
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg03212.html
>>>

>>> I was able to build Classpath sucsesfuly, but
>>> fail making JCHEVM
>>>
>>> In result I have
>>>
>>> native/java_lang_VMThread.c: In function
>>> `JCNI_java_lang_VMThread_start':
>>> native/java_lang_VMThread.c:388: warning: implicit declaration of
>>> function `pthread_attr_setstackaddr'
>>> native/java_lang_VMThread.c:388: warning: nested extern declaration
>>> of `pthread_attr_setstackaddr'
>>> make[2]: *** [java_lang_VMThread.o] Error 1
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ivan/jchevm/libjc'
>>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ivan/jchevm/libjc'
>>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>>

>>> Can you help me, please.
>>> Thanks, Ivan
>>>

>> Hi Ivan,
>>
>> if you're building JCHEVM with Cygwin, modify the following file:
>>
>>                         .\libjc\arch\arch_definitions.h
>>
>> at line 95.
>>
>> Remove:
>> #define _JC_LIBRARY_FMT        "lib%s.so"
>>
>> Add:
>> #define _JC_LIBRARY_FMT        "lib%s.dll.a"
>>
>> In order to achieve a successfull build, I had to change a few other
>> things.
>> Before I post them here, let's see how it goes your build.
>> Are you using a Home or a Professional Windows edition?
>>
>> Enrico
>>

> Hi Enrico,
>
> This trik doesn't work :(
> I changed .\libjc\arch\arch_definitions.h as you say but in result I
> have the same
>
> native/java_lang_VMThread.c: In function `JCNI_java_lang_VMThread_start':
> native/java_lang_VMThread.c:388: warning: implicit declaration of
> function `pthread_attr_setstackaddr'
> native/java_lang_VMThread.c:388: warning: nested extern declaration of
> `pthread_attr_setstackaddr'
> make[2]: *** [java_lang_VMThread.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ivan/jchevm/libjc'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ivan/jchevm/libjc'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>

> PS: I am using a Home Windows edition.
>
> Ivan

Hi Ivan,

 it seems to me that what stops your compilation task is a warning,
treated as an error.

 Try to build JCHEVM without --enable-werror

1. Open the following file:

        autogen.sh

2. Replace the following line:

       CONFIGFLAGS="--enable-werror --disable-assertions"

with this one

       CONFIGFLAGS=" --disable-assertions"

3. Run again autogen.sh from the Cygwin shell

Note that you will need the following macro:

#define _JC_LIBRARY_FMT        "lib%s.dll.a"

once you've built JCHEVM.

 Enrico