harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] creating a new snapshot, and planned breakage heads-up
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:21:38 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
<snip>
>> The LUNI package renaming will touch a number of modules, so I can
>> either lock the world until I'm done, or release each of the renamed
>> references over a short period of time (expect ~1hr svn-willing).
>> After the rename you *will* need a new version of the IBM Harmony VME if
>> you want to continue running it on that VM
>
> Ok.  I assume that you can get a new VME to the IBM website that
> supports the changes you are making before/simultaneous to the commit
> you do?

Yep, that's why I'm holding off for a day or two.

> IOW, could you do the changes on your system, and do the commit when you
> are reasonably certain that the VME will be available so it doesn't hose
> the rest of us?

Yep, have got the changes locally made and just testing with the new VME
so it should be a case of refresh from SVN and roll out.

> Also, can you leave a link up for the old VME too?

That's the plan -- the new one will be V2.

> In parallel, I can make the changes to security and r/b/m and get the
> snapshot built and published.
>
> How does that sound?

Sounds great -- let me know when you are clear.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)