harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] creating a new snapshot, and planned breakage heads-up
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:59:57 GMT

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> I object :)
>>
>> I don't mean that seriously.
>>
>> Here is what I want to do first -
>>
>> I'll do the security change as agreed, and get the regex/bean/math in,
>> so that the snapshot has all we can.  Even try to get some of the
>> testcase or sql code in.
>
> hey! get in line ... ;-)

Hey, it's your testcases I was talking about.

>> Let me suggest we discuss a different way - when do you plan on breaking?
>
> Timing is not crucial, so whatever suits best (was thinking some time
> during Wed - Fri).
>
> The LUNI package renaming will touch a number of modules, so I can
> either lock the world until I'm done, or release each of the renamed
> references over a short period of time (expect ~1hr svn-willing).
> After the rename you *will* need a new version of the IBM Harmony VME if
> you want to continue running it on that VM

Ok.  I assume that you can get a new VME to the IBM website that
supports the changes you are making before/simultaneous to the commit
you do?

IOW, could you do the changes on your system, and do the commit when you
are reasonably certain that the VME will be available so it doesn't hose
the rest of us?

Also, can you leave a link up for the old VME too?

In parallel, I can make the changes to security and r/b/m and get the
snapshot built and published.

How does that sound?

geir